November 6, 2012

Outdoor Style: Ditch the hats for the headbands

This winter, I want to throw caution to the wind (and cold, snow, rain and sleet for that matter). I know in Ohio we had a mild winter last year, and although I was in Washington, D.C. from January to April, it just didn't seem like winter-- there was no snow! Lately, I've heard every weatherman talking about what a "horrible winter" we're going to have because of last year's mild season. This being said, I thought I'd start a little earlier than December with some stylish tips-- and also because I went outside for my lunch break the other day and was almost frozen to death by the wind and the cold!


I'm usually the type to wear ear muffs, but have always loved the look of headbands too. It's all the style without the messy hat-hair. Here are a few of the best I've scoped out. Do you own any winter headbands?



7 comments:

  1. They are so cute and sweet looking. I'm not sure I cold pull them of though. haha xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so on board with this trend! I love hats but sometimes I just want a little bit of protection from the cold, not a whole hats worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just recently decided to switch from hats to headbands for winter! I use to wear hats all the time in winter but they'd make my hair all frizzy and static-y. Headbands are such a nice alternate because they still keep my ears warm but don't mess up my hair as much :P

    Carrie
    http://lego-house.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I totally agree with you. I love these type of headbands. I have a few, I can't wait to wear them this winter! :)


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these... they keep you warm but also don't ruin a cute hair style. My favorite is a white knit one with a knit flower and a sparkly broach at the center.

    www.girlinthegreenbreeches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends mom knitted me a gray bow headband which i LOVE. It's so cute. I'm also loving that pale pink braided H&M option....want it. Thank you so much for following my blog! Thrilled to have found yours as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorite is pink... so lovley!

    tnx for visit and your comennt... keep in otuch :)

    http://lifestylenotesbyaf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete