December 12, 2012

Menswear Wednesday: Introducing Barbour

Mens' coats have always been something I avoid. I can't offer my brothers too much advice on this subject, because I loathe pea coats, and trench coats even more (there should be a rule that you can't wear the latter until you're retired!). But it seems as if I've found a look that I like: Barbour coats. They cost a pretty, pretty penny, but as with most things expensive, you're paying for the quality. With their trademark corduroy collars, the company has a really neat history, beginning in the late 1800s, and they're known for their wax finish that makes the heavy, durable jackets weatherproof. If you can snag one of these on sale, I would definitely recommend it!

       
                                 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I adore peacoats on men... But these are also really beautiful. I guess it depends on who wears them, too. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete